Monday, June 24, 2013

Mmmm Steak


I love steak. Who doesn't, right? Unfortunately, I'm famous for buying different cuts of steak because they're on sale and then way over-cooking them. I'm also abysmal with a grill. I was determined to make this time different, so I turned to Google for help. I Googled
"how to cook petite sirloin steak" and what came up? Alton Brown's ridiculously easy and genius solution for broiling steak. The recipe was great, but if your steak is closer to 1 inch thick, I would shave 1 minute off of the close-up broil time.




And what goes better with steaks and hot weather? A beer! I was first introduced to Slumbrew at a beer tasting I attended last summer, but now that I live closer to their Somerville home, I can luckily find this beer on tap pretty often. It's a light beer will delicious citrus and floral notes. It's absolutely delicious!



Sorry to make this such a short post. I got home from Las Vegas yesterday and am off to the Cape tomorrow until Friday. Las Vegas was awesome and I posted pictures of the delicious food I got to eat on my Instagram. One of the highlights was a happy accident. I went to Bouchon Bistro for breakfast one morning because I could see it from my room and there was an outdoor eating area that looked gorgeous. When I arrived I saw a cookbook that I own in the lobby area. The restaurant was Tom Keller's! I was thrilled and I was not disappointed in the least. I could have eaten at that restaurant every day for the rest of my life. I'm talking homemade corned beef hash and brioche toast. I'm talking sourdough waffles with strawberries and candied pecans with Tahitian vanilla butter. Mmmmhmmm it was to die for. 

The weather is hot and humid, and I'm going to attempt to make a watermelon margarita to help cool off and cheer on the Bruins tonight! Hopefully I'll have a recipe to report soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment