Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hello friends!

And welcome to my odd little world where I cook and bake my way through some of my favorite stand-by recipes as well as some new recipes I've found. All of the recipes I post will be delicious and none of them will cost you an arm and a leg.

To start, I wanted to share a recipe that holds a very special place in my heart: Bullett Brownies. I grew up on a dead end street with kids my age and more mothers than one person should ever have. One of my other mothers used to make these brownies, named for her mother who developed the recipe herself. These brownies are unlike any brownies I have ever tried before. They have a crust on top with a fudgy middle. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have for most of my life!


Any good brownie recipe should start with Hershey's Cocoa and melted butter!



My measuring spoons that came with my first cook book when I was 10. They're still my favorites!

The batter comes out very thick.

Look at that delicious crust. Mmmmm the perfect snack!


Bullett Brownies
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

1 stick of melted butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup flour
1 cup of walnuts (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 F. Beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and cocoa. Sift in flour. Stir in walnuts if desired. Pour into an 8 x 8 greased  brownie pan. Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment